Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
S.H. Mintardja or Singgih Hadi Mintardja is the pioneer of cerita silat writer. Before that, Chinese wuxia tales were already popular among the readers, both translated versions of Chinese authors works by OKT (Oey Kim Tiang) and Gan Kok Liang a.k.a. Gan KL, and also original works, such as those of Asmaraman Sukowati Kho Ping Hoo. He died in 1999 at age 66.
Mintardja has written more than 400 books, the longest serie was Api di Bukit Menoreh with 396 books. The titles of the books he wrote are, for example:
- Api di Bukit Menoreh (Fire in Manoreh Hill, 396 episodes)
- Tanah Warisan (The Land of Inheritance, 8 episodes)
- Matahari Esok Pagi (Tommorow's Morning Sun, 15 episodes)
- Meraba Matahari (Touching the Sun, 9 episodes)
- Suramnya Bayang-bayang (Gloominess of the Shadows, 34 episodes)
- Sayap-sayap Terkembang (Spread Wings, 67 episodes)
- Istana yang Suram (The Gloomy Castle, 14 episodes)
- Nagasasra Sabukinten (The Sasra Dragon and The Diamond Belt, 16 episodes)
- Bunga di Batu Karang (Flowers on the Rocks, 14 episodes)
- Yang Terasing (The Castaway, 13 episodes)
- Mata Air di Bayangan Bukit (The Fountain under the Hill's Shadow, 23 episodes)
- Kembang Kecubung (The Poisonous Moonflower, 6 episodes)
- Jejak di Balik Bukit (The Tracks beyond the Hill, 40 episodes)
- Tembang Tantangan (The Song of Challange, The 24 episodes)
- Pelangi di Singosari (Rainbow in Reality)
Introducing new termEdit
Normally a cerita silat writer uses the word silat or martial art to refer the ability to fight, but not Mintardja. He used to introduce new terms like olah kanuragan or ilmu kanuragan.